Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
microwin88x
Creator III
Creator III

Omit Field selections without specifying

Hello,

I have an application with a calendar where all my filters are affected by the calendar.

The thing is I have another field selections like Field1, Field2, Field3 and I want those not to be affected by my selections.

Is there any way not to specify all the fields I want to omit?:

Sum({<Field1=, Field2=, Field3=...>} ....)

Because they are like 8 or 10 fields and, and in the future could be more...

An alternative I use is to create a variable v_Fields and use it in all my expressions...

Thank you!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Basically use system fields, $Field and $Table to create a concatenated list of fields to be excluded from selection... or alternatively, create a list of fields to be included for selection and use it with 1.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Am not sure but sunny given simple example check it

What are you wanting  to ignore selection in? Category or another field? If its category, it should work the way it is right now:

Sum({$<Category = {'category1'}>}[Number of people])

For another field, you can add them as a comma separated list for each field you want to ignore selection in

Sum({$<Category = {'category1'}, Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4, Field5.....>}[Number of people])

If you want to ignore selection in all fields except in few fields you can do this:

Sum({1<Category = {'category1'}, Field100 = $:: Field100, Field101 = $::Field101.....>}[Number of people])

If you want to ignore all field selecions, then this:

Sum({1<Category = {'category1'}>}[Number of people])

sunny_talwar

Basically use system fields, $Field and $Table to create a concatenated list of fields to be excluded from selection... or alternatively, create a list of fields to be included for selection and use it with 1.