Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC Reload - Auto username & password

Hi all

I have developed a model that connects to several ODBC sources.

The problem I am having is that each time I do a reload I receive a popup screen that requests the username & password to be entered.

This happens for every connection to the different ODBC sources.

Is there a way to automate the entry of the username & password?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Most OLEDB or ODBC providers allow for the user ID and password to be included in the connection string. The syntax is provider dependant and can in most cases be included from the wizard by checking the appropriate option.

You may also want to ensure that the Scramble Connect User Credentials option (in the Settings tab at the bottom of the script editor screen) is checked, or put the connect string in a hidden tab so that the credentials are not exposed to anyone who opens the script editor.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Most OLEDB or ODBC providers allow for the user ID and password to be included in the connection string. The syntax is provider dependant and can in most cases be included from the wizard by checking the appropriate option.

You may also want to ensure that the Scramble Connect User Credentials option (in the Settings tab at the bottom of the script editor screen) is checked, or put the connect string in a hidden tab so that the credentials are not exposed to anyone who opens the script editor.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein