Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III

ODBC Issue

Dear Member,

I have an issue regarding the odbc connection. when i am trying to reload i am getting the following error like Packet Recive Failed. Please find the attached image and help he where i was going wrong and what possilbe i can do to fetch the data.

Thanks and Regards,

Bharat

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

This is the description for the error you got:

Oracle Error: ORA-12637

Error Description:

Packet receive failed

Error Cause:

A process was unable to receive a packet from another process. Possible causes are:

1. The other process was terminated.

2. The machine on which the other process is running went down.

3. Some other communications error occurred.

I suggest asking your friendly local oracle database administrator to troubleshoot this problem. This isn't a Qlikview problem. Something is going wrong with the connection between the odbc driver and the oracle database. It could be a network component or a process on the database server or something else altogether. Ask your dba and contact Oracle support if you still can't find the cause.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

You are not able to extract which is exists in load script . please check in database whether its exists on not.

otherwise as per screen shot , it is able to built connection but not able to extract data.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your reply can you please eloborate more on it.

Thanks and Regards,

R. Bharat Kishore

Gysbert_Wassenaar

This is the description for the error you got:

Oracle Error: ORA-12637

Error Description:

Packet receive failed

Error Cause:

A process was unable to receive a packet from another process. Possible causes are:

1. The other process was terminated.

2. The machine on which the other process is running went down.

3. Some other communications error occurred.

I suggest asking your friendly local oracle database administrator to troubleshoot this problem. This isn't a Qlikview problem. Something is going wrong with the connection between the odbc driver and the oracle database. It could be a network component or a process on the database server or something else altogether. Ask your dba and contact Oracle support if you still can't find the cause.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Regards,

R. Bharat Kishore