cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rakesh_kumar
Creator
Creator

Next Potential Aquisitions for Qlik: Alteryx, QVSource and QlikMaps

I am happy with the QlikView’s acquisition of Nprinting as it makes perfect sense to add pixel perfect reporting capabilities to an already fantastic tool like QlikView.

For Qlik to become a leader in BI market, next it needs to acquire data blending tool like Alteryx as performing the integration and manipulation of data visually through a rapid and easy data blending tool will make the development process more efficient and also make it easy for the users to visually interpret the dataflow, understand and debug. QlikView already has excellent scripting component but adding a drag and dropping of visual nodes (with the nodes having all the standard features like joins, manipulations and custom QlikView scripting features) onto the scripting/Data integration layout would make the application development process even more quick and efficient.

In simple words:

Qlik: Self service data visualization tool

Alteryx: Self service ETL tool

Qlik Nprinting: Self service reporting tool

Other potentially good tools for Qlik to acquire next would be:

1. QVSource - The QlikView & Qlik Sense API Connector: QlikView or QlikSense should have universal connector capabilities to connect to all the major standard data sources and this can be accomplished by acquiring QVSource

2. GeoQlik / QlikMaps: Qlik needs to add simple maps integration capabilities into its applications and this can be done by acquiring GeoQlik / QlikMaps

I suggest Qlik to integrate all these features into standard QlikView and QlikSense Products and release into the market 2 major products like this:

1. QlikView and QlikSense (Desktop &  Server): QlikView/QlikSense + Alteryx + QVSource + QlikMaps

2. Qlik NPrinting: This should replace publisher down the line

Although there is currently no good third party tool available to integrate industry standard statistical analytics packages like SAS, SPSS or R to/from QlikView, it would be good for Qlik to develop something like these to add predictive analytics capability to QlikView and QlikSense.

Qlik headed in the right direction by announcing Qlik Cloud to give customers to develop QlikView applications without having to worry about the infrastructure and maintenance issues.

I am a huge fan of Qlik products and these are my thoughts for Qlik to become a leader in the BI market and I would be happy to know your thoughts?

0 Replies