Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need to get a User Defined Name from Text Object in List Box Title on Selection

Hi All,

I have created multiple text objects as a filter. I have assigned a variable which is associated with the attributes in the table. I need to show the user defined attribute name in the list box title on selection of the text object and not the actual attribute name from the table.

How to achieve this?

Abhijit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I did it for three buttons so that you can understand the concept of what I was trying to do. See if this helps

View solution in original post

16 Replies
sunny_talwar

How is user expected to provide a name? Input box?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Abhijit - is this for QlikView?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

I need to show the Text which is highlighted in yellow and not the actual attribute name from the table.

Suppose the actual attribute in the table is DistinctTable.LeadVehicle. But I need to show it as Lead Vehicle. Please see the attached screen shot of the text object properties.

AbhijitCapture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Yes Michael,

This is for QlikView.

Not applicable
Author

Any update on this?

sunny_talwar

To tell you the truth, I am still not sure what you are trying to do. May be if you can share a sample and explain what you want, we might be able to help you better

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Hereby I am sahring you the UI screen shot to tell you what exactly I need.

Capture.PNG

On left side I have text object. Text Object acts as a button in my case. I have assigned a variable to it. On click, the listbox title should show "LEAD VEHICLE" and not "DistinctTable.LEAD_VEHICLE". Hope this clears my question.

Abhijit

sunny_talwar

Within your button create another variable and call it vTitle and assign it the value of Lead Vehicle. And then within your listbox object use the vTitle as your chart title's expression.

Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

I have multiple text objects and on click of that particular text object it show show the Title. How to achieve this?

Capture.PNG

I have text objects as a button on Left side. On click of that particular button it should show the title.

Abhijit