Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pankey01
Contributor II
Contributor II

My pie is not working with Dimension limits set to 'show only values that accumulate to'

My Pie Chart – (no restrictions) – not starting at Color 1 – Sort Carrier Name A ̵ > Z

My Colors

Qlikview for Developers.pdf - Pie Chart – (no restrictions) – starting at Color 1

My Pie Chart – (restrictions as below) – not starting at Color 1 – Sort Carrier Name A ̵ > Z

Qlikview for Developers.pdf - Pie Chart – (restrictions as above) – starting at Color 1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Show only values that accumulate, largest values, is a bug introduced in QV12.10 SR7. It will use "smallest values" even when checking "largest".

-Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

un check  show others  option and see

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello - is persistent colors checked in another graph within the same app?

pankey01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I unchecked the others - I'm fairly new with Qlikview - I show all the problems I can see.

My main concern is that the Dimension Limits doesn't seem to be working for 'show only values that accumulate to:'

'Show only' and 'Show only values that are' work fine

pankey01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

My main concern is that the Dimension Limits doesn't seem to be working for 'show only values that accumulate to:'

'Show only' and 'Show only values that are' work fine

pankey01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

• Since dimensions used in a aggr() function will always be sorted by load order

Create a Straight Table using Carrier Name as Dimension and Sum ([# Transported Passengers]) as Expression. Sort      the table by Sum ([# Transported Passengers]) Numeric Value descending. Send the sorted file to Excel and rename the      fields.

• Load the file
  • Create your Pie Chart - Showing only values that accumulate to 50% relative to the total

Add the following Calculated Dimension -

=If(Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum([# Pie Transported Passengers]),0,RowNo()))/Sum(TOTAL [# Pie Transported Passengers]), [Pie Carrier Name])<= 0.51, [Pie Carrier Name], 'Others')

Add the following Expressions - 

Sum ([# Pie Transported Passengers]) – Select Relative and Value on Data Points

if(Count (DISTINCT [Pie Carrier Name]) = 1, [Pie Carrier Name], 'Others') – Select Value on Data Points

Result

I got my ideas mainly from

pankey01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I'm sure this question has been posted and answered somewhere else before - but I can't seem to figure it out.

Is there a way that I can select the 'Others' color from 'Special Segments' under Colors to show with my manually calculated 'Others' pie slice.

If not maybe someone can guide me how to set a specific color form my 'Others' pie slice.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Show only values that accumulate, largest values, is a bug introduced in QV12.10 SR7. It will use "smallest values" even when checking "largest".

-Rob

pankey01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank You Rob