Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple dynamic dimensions

I am trying to create a line graph with two sets of dynamic dimensions. Each set is identical and consists of 40 dimensions. One dimension will be on the x axis and the second should determine the colour of each line. Due to the number of dimensions, they must be in a drop down box format for the user to select from i.e. not buttons.

So far the only way I have found to do this is to load two inline tables with the dimension names (I have also tried assigning numbers instead), with two calculated dimensions in the chart that have if statements for each dimensions.

Besides this being highly manual, I keep getting a memory error and if the chart does work then it is terribly slow to load.

Is there a more elegant solution for this?

Thanks
Roshny

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The inline tables are good. Make sure the listboxes are set to Always One Selected Value. You can the use as calculated dimensions like: =$(='[' & ListboxFieldA & ']')

See attached qvw

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The inline tables are good. Make sure the listboxes are set to Always One Selected Value. You can the use as calculated dimensions like: =$(='[' & ListboxFieldA & ']')

See attached qvw

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert

I can't use a listbox as there is no dropdown select option so I have had to use a table box which doesn't give that option.

Regarding the calculated dimension, what should ListboxFieldA represent? Is there some sort of variable I need to create?

Thanks for the help.

Roshny

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use a multibox instead of a listbox. The principle stays the same.

ListboxFieldA was the field name you would have used in one of the two listboxes. Now it is the name of the field you use in a multibox. See the document attached above for how I used a field with the name MyField.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much - that worked a treat!