Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bencvanderlaan
Contributor
Contributor

Measure with Number Formatting set to 'Auto' does not work for Duration values even with specific expression formatting

I'm having an issue where I have a chart that should display the values in their related format, but it's not.

For example, if an Item has a UOM as '%', I want the values displayed in percentage...

if an Item has a UOM as 'time', I want the values (which are stored in seconds) as 'mm:ss' format...

The 'Auto' formatting does NOT seem to work for detecting the correct duration in mm:ss format.

MY EXAMPLE:

SCRIPT:

Test1:
LOAD * Inline [
PI, Value, UOM, Year
'1 mile', 120, 'Time', 2020
'1 mile', 360, 'Time', 2021
'1 mile', 480, 'Time', 2022
'Push-ups', 10, 'Reps', 2020
'Push-ups', 15, 'Reps', 2021
'Push-ups', 20, 'Reps', 2022
'% ECW', .02, '%', 2020
'% ECW', .12, '%', 2021
'% ECW', .9, '%', 2022
];

I have a chart that I want to be able to show values in % OR in mm:ss... I've tried testing out multiple formulas... one being:

if(UOM = 'Time', Interval(avg(Interval#((Value),'s')),'mm:ss'))

I'm primarily trying to get the 'Time'/Duration values to plot correctly (displaying in % or numeric formating works fine for me)... but for example, if I select '1 mile' as the PI, and year as 2022... instead of showing the 480 seconds as '08:00'.. it shows it as 5.56m..

Please help.

-Ben

1 Reply
bencvanderlaan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I guess the basic question is: when the measure Number Formatting is set to 'Auto'... will this ever allow it to be displayed in mm:ss format for duration values?