Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macro for hidding column in pivot table?

Hello,

I have a requirement

I want to hide an expression in the pivot table.Though this can be done in straight table as it has hide option, but pivot does not have this option.

I'm attaching a sample qvw, in that i want to hide the column sum(amount).

I know this can be done using macros..could someone add the mcaro to the file I'm attaching.

Note: I don't want to use button to show or hid, i want to hide this column permanatly.

I'm using qv 11 edition

Thnx

B

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

If this is QV 11, in the expression tab you can check the box 'Conditional' at the right and use 0 as the condition that will permanently hide that expression.

Hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The reason why I'm trying to hide , is the pivot table has 2 columns (1 dimension and 1 expression) and as qlikview supresses rows that have 0's in it (Note: only when the whole row contains zeros , qlikveiw suppressess it)

My req is it has to be a pivot table not a st table

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

If this is QV 11, in the expression tab you can check the box 'Conditional' at the right and use 0 as the condition that will permanently hide that expression.

Hope this helps,

Erich

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Eric,

You are right, it works..but the thing is the reason why  I'm using this hidden column is..I want to show a row that contains '0'(which QV is supressing..that's why I'm using  this Hide column so that it doesn't suppress..but after hidding it..the row containing 0 disappears)

Untitled.png

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Does it work if you unckeck the suppress zeros on the presentation tab?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In the fig, the top one conatins value 0%, after hidding the column (below table), the value 0% disappears,..i want the 0% to stay

jeffmartins
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

I don't believe that there is a simple solution for this problem, a easy workaround is to set the expression color to white and uncheck the expression and dimension cell borders.

see the attached file.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes it does, than you Eric ..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jeff,

Where can i find the expressions and dimension cells

Thx