Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DataAnalytics
Contributor II
Contributor II

Macro for: Export straight table into Excel file and create a drop down menu in one field

Hello guys,

I am trying to solve this issue - I have a straight table and I need to export it into Excel file and create a drop down menu in one field/column.

This is the table. It contains 'name' and 'type'. 'Type' field can be either empty, or it can already have some value in it.

nametype
John 
Lucy 
StephenB
Mary 
JoeA

The table above should be exported and the output Excel file should have a drop down menu in field 'type' as below:

type (drop down menu):
A
B
C

Please let me know your thoughts! Thank you in advance!!!

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You likely need to hit Microsoft forums, as you are going to need Excel APIs to do this, we have no API that is going to modify the Excel properties...

Here is a link to our QlikView APIs:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2020/Subsystems/Automation/Content/QV_Automation...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.