cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loading HTML Files into Qlikview....

Hello,

Need a small and quick help from you guys...

Could you suggest me how to convert HTML files into relevant Data in Qlikview?

I am having multiple HTML Files as a Data source and I have to extract that data and have to concatenate into QV.

Warm Regards,

Balraj Ahlawat

9 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

did you try with the wizard?

-script editor (Ctrl+E)

-lower right press button "Web files..." or "Table files" for html

its_anandrjs

You have to use script editor or by pressing Ctrl + E and use Webfiles wizard to load webfiles

See the snap shot

webfileloading.png

Regards

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III

Can you provide some sample HTML file so that i can help you out

Else you go to script editor and go to web file where you have to provide your html page path in internet files then qlikview extract your html page data then you have to do some transformation on that

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Anand,

I have tried through Web files, but its not working, It is so much unstructured, time consuming and I am having 300+ files...

Regards,

Balraj

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Muhammad,

I tried with same but not working for me.

Regards,

Balraj

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Balraj

if you  are extracting data from html files so you have to do Transformation on that because when u extracting the data so most of times unnecessary data is also come and there is no solution instead of you doing transformation. Let me know your 300+ files is on same structured or in different. and also provide me your HTML page link if possible so i can do transformation on data to cleanse your data

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

It depends on the structure of html that you have.

By default QV works well with <TABLE> tag, allowing to extract these data in a click.

However if you have the data in unstructured html text with tags, you have to parse it manually using string functions and maybe regular expressions (macro).

300+ files is not a problem if you could apply the same logic of transformation.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Alright whiteline,

Could you help me how to parse using string functions and macro? Where to do parsing? Is it going to be into html file or during the connection into Qlikview?

I have tried using Cross table into QV but did not get any success.

Early response highly appreciated..

Regards,

Balraj Ahlawat

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

It depends.

I can help to solve particular trouble.

Until now you haven't even provided  any sample.

Seems some kind of discrepancy to ask for the early response and to post general questions for five days. There are dozens of experienced developers here that can help you if you describe the problem.