Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dayna
Creator II
Creator II

List box to select dates from two values

Hello All,

I was wondering how to achieve the following,.... I have two date fields, one for created and one for shipped. I was wondering whether it was possible to select a date (i.e. 01/01/2012) and for it to select results from the shipped_date and created_date? So it would select all possible rows of data? e.g.

PROD   SHIPPED_DATE    CREATED_DATE    ID

A           01/01/2012             11/12/2011               1

B           31/01/2012             01/01/2012               2

A           02/01/2012             31/12/2011               3

In the above example, I would want to select 01/01/2012 and receive rows with the ID of 1 and 2...

Many thanks for your help!

Kind Regards,

Dayna

4 Replies
Not applicable

If the two rows are from different tables, you could alias both date columns with the same name, e.g. %DATE.

When you select a %DATE, both rows will appear in the selection.

Dayna
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello, sadly not as I tried the same - there in the same table as they've been combined with a left join.

Not applicable

Hi Dayna,

You could use the following:

LOAD

SHIPPED_DATE as %DATE,

Resident products;

Concatenate

LOAD

CREATED_DATE as %DATE,

Resident products;

By creating a list box for the %DATE column and a selection in this box, the correct rows will appear. Note that the created table will contain multiple rows for the combination of PROD, SHIPPED_DATE, CREATED_DATE, ID, because you've duplicated them.

However, as long as don't show the %DATE column, the duplicate rows will be ommitted in a table box.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Try this ..

Create island table contain Date field or create calendar object by using variable. Use same Date field or variable in expression.