Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line Chart(trend analysis),Need to hide "others" while showing

When I restrict the values to the top 6, im given a list of the top 5 customers and then the 6th is an accumulation of all the other customers.

So, for instance, if my sales figure was 100

Cust 1 - 10

Cust 2 - 5

Cust 3 - 3

Cust 4 - 2

Cust 5 - 4

Other - 76

I don’t want "others" while showing in the reports (it’s totally distorting the report) and while calculating trends I need those values?

I Have used set analysis in the dimension as aggr(if(rank(sum([Order Amount]))<=0,Customer),Customer)

Please help ASAP

Thanks

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael for your reply,When we suppress the null values it changing the Actuall % values.Which is not correct.Please let me know is there is any other way to hide those null values.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In this case, follow the suggestion with dimension limit - see attched:

thomduvi83
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I would do that by reducing the Vendor in the expression in place of the dimension, using set analysis :

sum({<Vendor = {"=Rank(sum({$<Year={2010}>}Units))<=3"}>}Units)/

sum(Total <[Year]>[Units])

Look at this sample, % seems to stay the same

Regards,

Thomas

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Thanks
In dimensions I have used set analysis because I need to top 3 vendors of current year and need to create line chart for those vendors for the rest of the years. Excluding the other values need not suppress null values.Can we write any set analysis for this prob..

Really sorry for disturbing you..

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Thomas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's fine to keep the dimension calculated.  I changed in for the simple reason, thought it's not necessary.  That is, you can use both calculated dimension, use restriction on the "dimensions limit", not showing others.