cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II

Limiting the number of dimensions in straight and pivot tables

Hope someone can help on this. I've built a custom table object within a dashboard which has a number of dimensions (24) conditionally set to display based on the selections within a list box located above. It works great as a straight table, but when I switch it to a pivot table and then reset/clear the selections, the number of dimensions causes the dashboard to lock up. I'm just wondering is there anyway to limit the number of dimensions which can be chosen whilst still allowing free choice the the total number of dimensions? For example, limiting users to choose say 3 dimensions for the pivot table?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Matt

4 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

May be you can look into below link..

Customizable Straight Table

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You could set the calculation condition (or a conditional show) that checks the number of selected dimensions and hides the model if too many are selected. use something like this in the conditional (calculation or show):

=GetSelectedCount(YourDimension) > 0 And GetSelectedCount(YourDimension) <= 3

(replace YourDimension with the correct field name)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

If 'Dimension' is field in You List Box then

in Your Pivot Table You can limit Condition of Calculation like

=Count(Distinct Dimension) <= 3

Regards,

Antonio

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

For the conditional calculation, override the error "calculation condition unfulfilled" with a more informative error such as "Select 1 - 3 dimensions to view the table".

For conditional show, create a text box with the message and with the opposite show conditions:

=Not(GetSelectedCount(YourDimension) > 0 And GetSelectedCount(YourDimension) <= 3)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein