Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with images while printing Pivot table

Hello Experts,

I have a Pivot table with data fields and Images(JPGs) on my Home tab. I want to pint that pivot table to PDF. I am able to print it success fully at my local computer & server too. but When I tries to access the same application at Accesspoint & at client machine Images are not coming to pdf file. Instead of images its giving image name or Image path. My client was saying that he was able to see/export/print images along with data earlier for the Pivot table. But now he can't. So could you please help me that, do I need to follow any settings to print the images.

Thanks

San

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

It looks that the path or the access-rights to the images aren't correct - maybe you need an unc-path with \\servername\folder\image.jpg instead D:\folder/image.jpg.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hello Marcus, Thank you very much for your reply.

I am pretty new to this environment. Could you please explain me where I can find the access related stuff for the images of pivot table to export PDFs for printing purpose.

Thanks

San

marcus_sommer

It meant the path to the image must be from the user-side a valid path which he/she could directly access from the windows-explorer. Therefore try to access these path from the user-pc with whose credentials.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hello Marcus,

Thank you for your immediate reply!

Just now I have checked that, in Print page its giving Image name not the path. Also @ Access point instead of printing into pdf, its opening new tab & displaying all the data without images. @ Images filed its displaying just image name. was there any setting issues?

Thanks

San

marcus_sommer

What happens if you accessed the images per windows-explorer?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hello Marcus,

I Checked everything, image path was showing to local path , now I have changed to server path. I can access those images directly from users machine. Even though now also I am not able to print images. now its printing \Server\D$\abc\def\test.jpg path at image filed. How can I show images in pdf?

Thanks

San

Not applicable
Author

Hello Marcus,

Also,

Just note that when I click the "Print" button on a QlikView chart, it doesn't print a copy as expected. Instead it opens another web page with the chart on it and displays :

Thanks

San

marcus_sommer

Opening a new tab or window is a normal behaviour (with AJAX clients) and from there it could be printed. You could show the picture within the chart and by switching in the other tab/window the picture is lost? If yes it looked that some settings/functionalities from Browser are wrong. Have you tried different Browser?

- Marcus