Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with creating an incremental load with WHERE NOT EXISTS

HI There!

I'm trying to complete an incremental load script where I have an extract, transform then the incremental piece.  For the Incremental, I'm using a concatenation with a WHERE NOT EXISTS on an ID field which I confirmed is a unique field. 

This is not appending the new days like I would expect.  It seems to return on the new days that I choose so it's not append onto the existing and I can't figure out why.   

For example, I ran the initial load for 7/1/16 to 7/3/2016.  Loaded into the QVD and it worked.  Then I want to run the incremental script portion and concatenate dates 7/4/2016 and 7/5/2016.  It seems to just overwrite my original dates and not concatenate.

I don't think I'm using the WHERE NOT EXISTS correctly.  I think I'm close, but I missing something obvious.

Thank you for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

On your Transform Pixel Log tab, you are renaming the id field to [%Key_ID]. Then the WHERE NOT EXISTS ([id]); clause would load everything.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

On your Transform Pixel Log tab, you are renaming the id field to [%Key_ID]. Then the WHERE NOT EXISTS ([id]); clause would load everything.

Not applicable
Author

That worked!!!!!!     I feel like the first time I tried it on the alias field, it gave me 'column did not exist'. 

Thank you so much! It was the first time I wrote an incremental script!