Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible for QV to read local Regional Settings for date functions?

I don't know fro where does QV read the regional settings if the initial system settings have been commented out?

I would like to have a QV that shows month names, for example, using only user's settings on his/her computer.

Thx

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

QlikView actually uses your regional settings to set that values in those variables in the script. What you can do in a multiple date format environment is to set those variables in a txt file and use

$(include=EnvVariables.txt)

in the script, allowing you to have different EnvVariables.txt files in each computer where the date and number definition may be different.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thx Miguel.

I understand this. Can this be changed dynamically?

We use the AccessPoint to access QVs and they are updated during night so I don't see how can I use different EnvVar.txt files for users in different countries.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If you are going to publish documents using Server, you will need to have different QVW files, because the format affects to the whole document. If changing the number/date format in the charts is not enough or takes a lot of time, I'd duplicate the final documents that will reload each using a different script variables set.

You might need to add the expressions in the script, but take into account that that will condition your expressions as well. I'm assuming you have a central server that publishes documents for different users in different countries, so the date and number format may be different when you extract data from your data source, because a date DD/MM/YYYY is valid for you but is not for some other people, so either you extract the data according to your server locale settings and format them in the UI or you create as many different documents as different formats so the extraction will always return the correct value.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel