cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input field looses value

Hi There,

I have a QV file with 3 input fileds.
All is working fine when I edit them in my document, and when I reload they keep their values.
But, when I save and re open the document, my values are gone.

Am I doing something wrong? I want the values to stay there, if I save and close and re open at a later stage to still see the values I entered earlier.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have found the solution to my problem.

I have predifined access control in the qvw file I do a binary load from. For some reason QV adds the access control to the code I have after the Binary load, and the data doesnt even have anything in common. (Seperate Tables).

Anyway, I just unchecked the tick in 'Document Properties' => 'Opening' => "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" and
now it works. Still think it is a bug though, but at least for the time being it is working.

Thanks Anyway,

Wynand.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Why don't you use the lock statement. After a reload mostly your sellections go away. Other option is maybe the bookmark option

Greetz,

dirk

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dirk,

Not exactly sure what you mean by using lock statements. I do not lose my inputs after a reload, it is only when I save the document and re open it, when I lose my inputs..

Wynand.

Not applicable
Author

I have found the solution to my problem.

I have predifined access control in the qvw file I do a binary load from. For some reason QV adds the access control to the code I have after the Binary load, and the data doesnt even have anything in common. (Seperate Tables).

Anyway, I just unchecked the tick in 'Document Properties' => 'Opening' => "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" and
now it works. Still think it is a bug though, but at least for the time being it is working.

Thanks Anyway,

Wynand.

Not applicable
Author

Did you ever find a solution for this problem??

Unchecking the initial data reduction is not a solution for me because i need this.