Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input Box update variable initiates action

Hi All,

I have a little out of the box question that I am hoping you can help with.

I have a Chart - Straight Table which has a Dimension Limit to limit the number of records based on a variable. This allows the users to enter a number and restrict the report by that number, E.G: Top 100 Customers.

Below the input box which holds the variable where the user enters the top limit, there is a button "View All Customers" this button has an action to count all the customers and put that value in the top limit variable, this allows the report to show all customers even though it has a dimension limit on it.

My question is, is there the ability to update another variable when the user enters a value in the input box / variable, this will tell me that the value is a user entered value and hasn't come from the action on the button...

I am wanting this so that in the title of the table, if it is a user entered value then I can put " Top [User Entered Value] Customers Sales" but if it isn't a user entered value then I can change the title of the table to something like "Customer Sales".

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Jordan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

try the attachment;

there is a trigger on variable v (menu --> document properties --> triggers)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

try the attachment;

there is a trigger on variable v (menu --> document properties --> triggers)

Not applicable
Author

Yes that is exactly what I wanted, thank you so much!