Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Independent List Boxes - SQL Views as Source

Hi Guys,

New to qlikview and sql, so hoping the great community here can help me out. I have table views that I use to load onto my script. Each view has the same columns and names, the difference is the criteria that I have used to obtain those details.

What I want to do is create a list box for each view. However, because the names are the same as previous tables I've loaded, all that is happening is that those fields are being associated to a relationship. I want to essentially have a few list boxes (maybe straight tables) that is independent to the rest of my dashboard. So in otherwords they do not change based on the criteria chosen in previous list boxes.

Hope this makes sense what I am asking and looking for.

Cheers,

Byron

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Looks like what you want is to avoid the joins which QlikView is doing because of common names in different views. All you need to do is rename the columns to avoid the automatic joins so that any selection in one listbox does not impact any other listbox.

LOAD COLUMNA as RenamedColumnA,

COLUMNB as RenamedColumnB;

SQL select * from ViewA;

LOAD COLUMNA as OriginalColumnA,

COLUMNB as OriginalColumnB;

SQL select * from ViewB;

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Looks like what you want is to avoid the joins which QlikView is doing because of common names in different views. All you need to do is rename the columns to avoid the automatic joins so that any selection in one listbox does not impact any other listbox.

LOAD COLUMNA as RenamedColumnA,

COLUMNB as RenamedColumnB;

SQL select * from ViewA;

LOAD COLUMNA as OriginalColumnA,

COLUMNB as OriginalColumnB;

SQL select * from ViewB;

gauravkhare
Creator II
Creator II

Hi there,

Ok got it so you want that the values should'nt be changing or rather they should be independent of the criteria selected. One way to achieve this is by using set analysis. can you send a sample application and i will be creating what you want.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Thonipad,

Thanks for your reply, I did try what you said, but that makes things a little messy for my liking. I don't want to be creating arbituary fields and technically have 4 fields (all the same), but with different names

It works though, which is awesome, but there must be a cleaner way to do this if you don't mind me saying. Just to point out as well, in the properties window for the sheet its easy to distinguish what those fields are because you can select which load statement to view fields for, but in the list box it just lists all fields for all load statements (not sure if there is a way to do the same in list box window)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gaurav

Exactly, Thonipads method works and did reply to this method. How do I send you a sample application. Will also read up on Set Analysis now that you mention that as being an alternative

Thanks,

Byron

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Guys,

Both answers get me what I want and need to figure a way out to manipulate each method to show the table in a format that is friendly for me as well as my audience.

Gaurav, set analysis looks very interesting, and think that may hit what I need on the nail, thanks :). Below is a reference manual I found on this site. The PDF document further down the post is a great read so far

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/23677.aspx