Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Include 2 ranks in a 2 dimensions table

Hi Q-Community,

I’m experiencing few problems trying to show two different rankings in the same table. The first ranking I want to show is on the value “Margen Explotación”, and I’d like to make a “global” order (first dimension = ID_BRANCH). Here, I mean I’d like to compare all the branches.

The second ranking would be a ranking by group (second dimension = ID_CLUSTER).

To be more concrete, as an example, I’d like to see the branch 52 is the 9th in terms of “Margen Explotación” (according to the first dimension), and the 3rd of his Cluster (according to the second dimension).

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Kind regards,

Vincent

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Gysbert ! Quick and efficient 🙂

Regards !

Not applicable
Author

Uuupps, sorry, I have another problem. I experiment the same problem again because instead of a field, [Margen Explotación] is the calculation of two fields. Do you know how to take in consideration this case also? See new version of the document you sent.

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for inconveniences.

Regards,

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Replace [Margen Explotación] with rangesum(Ingresos,-Gastos)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I've tried with sum(aggr(rank(rangesum(Ingresos,-Gastos)),ID_BRANCH)), and it's OK. However, the second one does not give me the expected result:

- sum(aggr(NODISTINCT rank(total sum(rangesum(Ingresos,-Gastos))),CÓDIGO_CLUSTER)), >>>  it shows me the results from 1 to 8

- sum(aggr(NODISTINCT rank(total (rangesum(Ingresos,-Gastos))),CÓDIGO_CLUSTER)) >>>  show always 4,5

Do you know where I'm failing with the expression? Thanks a lot !

Not applicable
Author

A very very last question ! If I rename Ingresos expression "ABC" and Gastos expression "DEF", and calculate Margen Explotación = ABC-DEF, neither the first ranking expression works. Would you have a solution in that case also?

Thanks a lot again.

Regards,

Vincent

venkatg6759
Creator III
Creator III

Check the attachment

Not applicable
Author

Hi venkatg6759,

Thanks for your help, but in that case it doesn't work as expected. Using ABC and DEF instead of [Margen Explotación], results are 54,5 and 4,5

😞

Not applicable
Author

Hivenkatg6759,

As an answer to your question I received in my inbox, yes, there's a reason I try to use the label. The label in my original file is calculated with the following formula:

- INGRESOS = SUM({<TIPO_GASTO={'INGRESOS'}, CONTADORMES_GASTO={$(vMaxContador)}, AÑO_GASTO=>}IMPORTE_GASTO)

- GASTOS = SUM({<TIPO_GASTO=-{'INGRESOS'}, CONTADORMES_GASTO={$(vMaxContador)}, AÑO_GASTO=>}IMPORTE_GASTO)

But, when using both of the formula, it doesn't take in consideration the  GASTOS formula and range the branches only by INGRESOS.

RANK(RANGESUM(SUM({<TIPO_GASTO={'INGRESOS'}, CONTADORMES_GASTO={$(vMaxContador)}, AÑO_GASTO=>}IMPORTE_GASTO)),-(SUM({<TIPO_GASTO=-{'INGRESOS'}, CONTADORMES_GASTO={$(vMaxContador)}, AÑO_GASTO=>}IMPORTE_GASTO)))