Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Identifying Top % of users and Top % of Spenting

Greetings

Need your help with the following. Please refer to the attached data.

USER_ID   MODEL      YYYYMM     AVG_TOTAL_SPENT    AVG_ONLINE_SPENT   AVG_OFFLINE_SPENT  AVG_REWARDS

AVG_TOTAL_SPENT is monthly average which is derived using some internal algorithm which averages based on past month.

So AVG_TOTAL_SPENT may not be the sum of AVG_OFFLINE and AVG_ONLINE.

The data is on Monthly Basis. ie YYYYMM. It is 5 months of revenue for a small firm. Revenue grows over period of 5 months. so all users not necessarily spending every month but majority does revisit regularly.

I want to find the following

Phase 1(Across 5 months)

1. Identify VIP Customers: Top 20% of Users and their total avg_total_spenting in %

Example: Top 20% of users (1000 users) contribute to 70% of revenue ( 3.2 Million)

2. Identify revenue: % users and their contribution in revenue

Example: Top 70% of users(14000 users) contribute to 90% of revenue (4.0 million)

Phase II(Monthly basis)

3. How do I distribute the above on monthly basis?

I am using some complicated method to find as below. Then I select this users manually and find total revenue and % of users.WHich is not a right way.

UsersDistribution.PNG.png

SpentingDistribution.PNG.png

Thank you for your expert advise.

3 Replies
Colin-Albert

Have a look at the dimension limits tab. This can show you the Top N % based on the first expression.

Not applicable
Author

I have updated my original postings with charts. Is their any simplified method like RANK function, FIRSTSORTEDVALUE function?