Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

INTERVALMATCH Fails: Any other solutions?

I attached a QVW that is giving me trouble.

I can run it for under 2000 TAP_EVENTS but if i try and run the thing my server cant handle it.

I am trying to break down the AUTHORIZED AMOUNT into daily amounts. The real trick is that each day has a specific value mon-fri are 1, sat and sun are .5 and holidays are 0 (So weeks are based on 6 day weeks, unless there is a holiday) i need each TAP_EVENT to be broken into a daily value.

The script I have is doing its job but QV cant handle more than the 2000 rows i have.

Any suggestions? Can QV handle this or should i use a other product for the "heavy lifting" (Business Objects or Informatica)?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You need to remove duplicate rows before doing the left join.

1) Do a Distinct Load of the DAY_DATE field BEFORE using it in the IntervalMatch Operation.
2) Also, do a Distinct Load of the two fileds making the interval while performing the Interval Match.

3) From the resulting table (after the IntervalMatch), do a Distinct load and perform the Left Join.

4) Drop the original table generated from the IntervalMatch (the first one from step #2)

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You need to remove duplicate rows before doing the left join.

1) Do a Distinct Load of the DAY_DATE field BEFORE using it in the IntervalMatch Operation.
2) Also, do a Distinct Load of the two fileds making the interval while performing the Interval Match.

3) From the resulting table (after the IntervalMatch), do a Distinct load and perform the Left Join.

4) Drop the original table generated from the IntervalMatch (the first one from step #2)

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
Not applicable
Author

Hi, can anybody make this in example to. I'm struggeling with similar problem and can not do these distinct loads there.
LEFT
JOIN (FACTS)
INTERVALMATCH
( DATE, KEY )
LOAD
START
END
KEY
RESIDENT
DIMENSION
Solution was : (+ lots of load distinct before )

LEFT JOIN INTERVALMATCH (DATE, KEY) LOAD Distinct START, END, KEY RESIDENT DIMENSION;

LEFT JOIN (FACT) LOAD Distinct START, END, JOIN, Field RESIDENT DIMENSION;

//DROP TABLE KAMP;

DROP FIELDS START, END, KEY FROM FACT;