Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IF logic statement causing memory issues

Hi,

I have a Straight Table and I want to restrict the data displayed based on the following logic within a Calculated Dimension (so that I can suppress when value is null):

=IF(OnTrackingSheet='Yes' OR Over500k?='Yes', ID,

IF(Progress<>'Closed' AND RAG='Red' AND Active='Active', ID,

NULL()))

This causes the error message box:

"Out of virtual and / or logical memory allocating 2MB"

The Straight Table then breaks displaying error:

"Allocated memory exceeded"

My question is how do I retain this logic in a more efficient manner that doesn't kill the object?

The data required for the above IF statement is spread across four tables. Based on a process of elimination the Over500k?='Yes' component seems to be the trouble-maker. Once Over500k?='Yes' is removed everything works ok. This, needless to say, is not acceptable from a user perspective.

As they are OR statements I cannot use selection triggers.

I am open to creating this logic in the script at load time however I have never linked up multiple tables like this before....is this even feasible?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try [Over500k?] instead of Over500k?. If that doesn't work try renaming the field in the script to for example IsOver500k.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion Gysbert.

I have renamed to Over500k and [Over500k] however the issue remains.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Then the calculated dimension is probably just too complicated to calculate for your data set. Maybe you can change your expressions over to set analysis expressions:

sum({<OnTrackingSheet={'Yes'},Over500k={'Yes'},Progress-={'Closed'},RAG={'Red'},Active={'Active'}>} MyValue)

The expression editor will flag -= as wrong syntax, but that's a bug in the expression editor.

Also, I'd replace 'Yes' and 'No' values in the script with dual values so they have a numeric value as well. Calculations on numeric values are faster than string comparisons. See this blog post for a quick fix.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

Try this

Aggr(Only({$<OnTrackingSheet={'Yes'}+Over500k?={'Yes'},Progress-={'Closed'}>}*RAG={'Red'}*Active={'Active'} ID), ID)