Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to upload a field with out affecting the list box

hi all,

In my list box of country i have to show only few country names but i have to uploaded color data for all countries by whch the list box of country is getting elabrated, can u tell if its possible that i upload the color data also and its does not affect the list box
any help will be appreciated

thanks in advance

3 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm confused by your requirement.  Why would you load color data for countries that aren't in your data model?  I'd only load color data for countries in your data model, such as with an exists(Country).  If you want to load the color data anyway, load exists(Country) as a field instead of a where clause, calling it something like ShowCountryInListBox.  Then:

if(ShowCountryInListBox,Country)

Or you might need an aggr().  I don't remember.

aggr(if(ShowCountryInListBox,Country),Country)

Not applicable
Author

Hi John, thanks for your reply, in my QV tools there are few charts which have country data only for specific countries with list box "Country" and in an excel i have color codes for all the countries, i want to upload the color code for all the country such that when ever a new countries are added the color for that countries remain consistent in all the charts,

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

OK, if I've understood, then my suggestion is to "load color data for countries in your data model... with an exists(Country)".  If a new country is added to your data model, and it's already in Excel, then the exists(Country) will pick up the new country and load the color for it.  Something like this, or at least I assume this will work with Excel:

[My Main Data]:
LOAD
Country
FROM wherever
;

[Country Colors]:
LOAD
Country
,R
,G
,B
FROM your Excel file