Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maheshn
Contributor
Contributor

How to transfer accesspoint bookmarks from old to new changed Accesspoint

Hi Team,

Due to URL rebranding, We changed our qlikview accesspoint URL from http://xxx.abc.com to http://xxxxx.xyz.com all the users are facing one issue that is customization and bookmarks created by them have been disappeared in new link because they all were created in old accesspoint link, 

is there any way that i can export objects from old to new Accesspoint link?

Thanks,

MN

Labels (1)
3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, have you moved the .Shared and .tshared files from old server to the new? If you move all files from one server to another bookmarks should work as they were in old server.

Nayakar_Mahesh
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

We are in same server. just we changed our accesspoint URL now all the users don't see any custom objects when using new accesspoint link because all the objects were created on old acesspoint url.

now users asing us to move bookmarks and custom objects to new link, Any turn around on this?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

What version are you running?  xx.xx.xxxxx  The other poster was correct, the info is stored in the .shared/.tshared file, and I do not know how simply changing the AccessPoint URL would break things here, as the QVS is reading the objects from the shared/tshared files etc.  Something else had to have changed in this case causing something not to sync up, need further details in order to come up with other theories.

If the users are trying to use prior links they saved as a browser favorite, those will be broken, but in the client toolbar in the web browser, they should be able to see the Bookmarks dropdown there and see their bookmarks still...  The only way to fix the favories would be to edit them and change the URL...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.