cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mynona
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to solve?

I'm a new member to this community and into making own apps in QlikView. I've been working for some years in QlikView, but just started learning developing own apps.

I haven't figuered out yet when I should write a script or when to write arguments/functions in arc objects to get the result I want, but I'm working on it. I would be thankful if there is an document or manual you can guide me to which desbribes it in a good way.

I've started developing an app now, but I got stuck. Maybe someone can guide me in correct direction?

Background and question:

1. There are two tables (qvd-files), with one field who associates the tables together.

2. I've made one multibox and to diagrams. Diagram 1 shows info from table 1 containing a register with two columns, one with numbers and the other a description. Example:

Column 1       Column 2

1                        abc

2                        acd

3                        cdf

etc

The other diagram contains info from table 2 and contains three columns, where column 1 and 2 are start and end numbers in a intervall. That means that the number I'm searching for maybe isn't in each column, but is in the intervall between start/end:

Column 1 (start)     Column 2  (end)  Column 3

1                                          5                       Name1

2                                          3                        Name2

4                                         5                        Name3

etc

My question is. If i choose, for example, "3" in the multibox (which is related to column 1 in table 1), I would like to show in one diagram the result from tabel 1 (3, cdf) but in an other digram the result from table 2 (3 and Name2, 3 and Name3). 

Do I solve this by typing something in the script when I load the data from the qvd-files, or do I write a function/agreement direct in the diagram?

0 Replies