Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

How to set default Module Script Level for every IE plugin user?

Hello, Qlikers.

I have created a macro that exports 5 charts into one single Excel Sheet...

I have granted the module with System Access

Capture.JPG

and i've given the proper rights on document level

Capture2.JPG

Everything works fine on my desktop so i try my app on the Access Point...

I enabled macro execution on QMC

Capture3.JPG

and i selected allow safe macros when the Access Point asked me what i would like to do with macros...

I even Ctrl+Shift+M and chose the following

Capture4.JPG

The problem is that if i close down the IE and try to login again in the Access Point i have to Ctrl+Shift+M again in order to get the export data macro to work...

Any ideas?

Father/Husband/BI Developer
4 Replies
marcus_sommer

In earlier releases there was another option available within the change module security window and there you could enable that Qlik remembers your decision. I'm not sure if this option depends on any settings or if Qlik had intentionally changed this behaviour because it is a global user-setting and therefore a security risk.

Nevertheless you could try to set this option manually within your settings.ini (on your machine, not the server because by using the IE plugin all macros are executed from the plugin). I'm not absolutely sure which option is it but the following looked like it could be the right one:

MacroLaunchConfirmation=0

- Marcus

dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I want to avoid the manual option because  the users are quite a few, it's kind of hard to edit settings.ini for each and every one of them... I will show the Ctrl+Shift+M  to some power users in order to get them working but i am thinking of writing a macro that will be triggered upon the Load event of the qvw that will do the Ctrl+Shift+M routine by default.

marcus_sommer

Yes, removing the whole macro-stuff from the users and doing it centralized for the standard export/prints/mailings will be easier and when this kind of tasks grows a tool like NPrinting might be worth to considered.

- Marcus

dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I totally agree with you but for the time being, unfortunatelly, NPrinting is not an option...