Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III

How to retrieve Yesterday's info using an expression in a text box?

Hey everyone, 

I am trying to get yesterday's data from my database and the text box stays empty. I can hard code the date and it works fine, but I need this to be automated and having some trouble using the Today()-1 function.

Sum({$<Date_Dash={(Date('Today() -1')},Program_Dash={'Mechanical Inspection'},Status_Dash={'Completed'}>} Processed_Dash)

I have also tried creating a variable in Main and using it in the 'Date(Today()-1)' place as well, no results.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

=Sum({$<Program_Dash={'Loaners'}, Status_Dash={'WIP'}, Date_Dash = {"$(=Date(Max(Date_Dash)-1))"}>} Processed_Dash)

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

19 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

May be try this?

= Sum({$< Date_Dash = {"$(= Date(Today()-1, 'MM/DD/YYYY'))} , Program_Dash = {'Mechanical Inspection'}, Status_Dash = {'Completed'} >} Processed_Dash)

Assumed Date_Dash date format is MM/DD/YYYY.

joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Unfortunately, that gives me nothing too. I could either get a 0 answer or a blank return.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you try adding = in the Date(Today ) like:

= Sum({$< Date_Dash = {" = $(= Date(Today()-1, 'MM/DD/YYYY'))} , Program_Dash = {'Mechanical Inspection'}, Status_Dash = {'Completed'} >} Processed_Dash)

Can you show me the format of your Date_Dash field?

joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Adding the = did nothing for me in the equation. Still returns nothing. thank you for trying to help me out!

jr_data.PNG

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

So what is that your are expecting can you share a sample to what you displayed in the table?

joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The end goal of this would be to have a text box for each of the following:

The first ones up top are just labels, output text boxes are separated a little.

(Lets say today is 6/2/2017, "WIP" is from yesterday)

Program_Dash               Completed               WIP

Loaners                          164                           122

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Try this? Sorry did not close the double quotes.

= Sum({$< Program_Dash = {'Mechanical Inspection'}, Status_Dash = {'Completed'},

Date_Dash = { " = $(= Date(Today()-1, 'M/D/YYYY'))" } >} Processed_Dash)

joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Now I am receiving a 0 instead of nothing.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Time to share your app, it would be easy to work on can you upload your sample here?