Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to make Y Axis min and max scale dynamic change depend on number of X axis data point display ?

Hi All

My line chart B with with Y axis from -1.5 till + 0.8 , for last 14 month.

I modify chart B to Chart A with below point :-

1 change the line chart only display last 5 month.using Slide.

2. Set the Max scale of Y axis =0.7  Min scale X axis =  0.3

My question is how to make the above 2 set point dynamic change according to number of X axis display ?

Paul

5 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

can some one help me ?

Not applicable

He,

You could create two variables which control the min and max of your y axis based on the value of the slider. Or you could qlikview do it automatically by removing the static min and static max.

BTW I was looking at your data model, script and expressions and they are rather difficult and complicated. Isn't there a way you can clean up your model and expressions. That way it's easier for people on the forum to help you.

gr.

frank

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

HI Frank

Thank you for your comment on my data model. I will clean up.

By the way i am aware that using 2 variable with slide for manually adjust the max and min value. But then i was looking into automatic adjust, by using the Aggr , but i don't know how to do it.

Paul

Not applicable

You should indeed be able to solve this with an Aggr function. But since your expression is that complicated I have no idea how to do it.

However I don't really get your point why you want to manually change the min and max of your y-axis. Qlikview does usually a pretty decent job at scaling graphs.

gr.

Frank

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Frank

Okay i will use the approach you first recommend.

Thank

Paul