Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to hava a description from an expression value ??

Hi,

I need some help here.

I do have a expresion thar sum some field and It returns me a number.

What I need to do is that depending of that number I have to selec a description from another table like this

then, is the Expression is from 0 to 12 this column shows MODELO, if the expression is between 13 and 19 the column shows SEGURO and if it is more than 19 it shows COMPANIA.

This table i am showing is dynamic, so the numbers will change eventually.

Any help??

6 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The IntervalMatch prefix for the Load statement (in a load script) is specifically made to help you with such a scenario. It will create the link-table between the actual numbers and which interval they belong to.

Look in QlikView Help and search for IntervalMatch and you will find examples.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a Qlikview document that demonstrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I understand but the number i have to link with the interval is the sum of two diferents field from two diferents tables.e 1

Like this:

table_score:
======
User

Date
Point

table_XtraScores:

==============
User

Date
ExtraPoints

I do have to sum(Point)+sum(ExtraPoints)
And this result will have to make the relation with the Intervals Table.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can have an expression that will match your interval by a calculated number by using a set expression with search:

=Concat( { <Range_from={"<=$(=N)"} ,Range_to={">=$(=N)"}>} Categ,',')

N has to be replace by your sum:

=Concat( { <Start={"<=$(=(sum(Point)+sum(ExtraPoints) ))"} ,End={">=$(=(sum(Point)+sum(ExtraPoints)))"}>} Desc,',')

If you label your sums column with N you could possibly keep the first expression...

The concat will actually give a list of categories - separated by commas -  if they for some reason overlap and the sums fall into both ranges.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, a sample QVW would make things more easy to understand.

Maybe you can use advanced aggregation to iterate over Category and compare your expression result to lower and upper limit, something like

=only( aggr( if(YourExpr >= Range_From and YourExpr <= Range_To, Category), Category))

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You might need to add your chart dimensions to the advanced aggregation dimensions when using in a chart.

There might be alternatives using FieldValue() or only() with set analysis. See attached for some sample applications.