Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get a list of Months between 2 dates and then get info for each of the months

I have an application that provides information  based on two different dates.

One way to present the data which I can do,  is to just use those two dates and collect the data using those dates as the parameters.

The 2nd way,  where I am having problems is to present unique data for each of the months that is contained between those two months.

For instance 10-1-2017 (BegDate)  to 10-31-2017  (EndDate)would present one months worth of information that is only October. While

10-2-2017(BegDate)  to 12-15-2017 (EndDate)  would present information for October, November and December.

So what I need as a result of an equation in a variable set up in the Settings->variable overview   is an array

that contains (for the above examples)  either just October,  or October, November and December.

Then I want to use that array as the Dimension to a Chart->ListBox.

Any hep would be appreciated.

Thank You.

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Don't use variable(s) for that, instead, create additional records in your model that support your need to report on the intermediate dates / months.

Have a look at

Creating Reference Dates for Intervals

This describes how to create dates, but same applies to months.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In my situation,  the begin and end dates are selected during the use of my Qlikview App.

Both sets of dates have choices that run over the same range of dates that run from Jan 2000, thru Dec 2020.

But I was thinking of maybe creating a table up front that just has all the months from the earliest day to pick to the last day to pick,  meaning that I will have a table that will have 240 entries.  And when I know my two dates, I will acquire the set of months (or month) from that table.   I will post an update after I try this.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am going to close this request and make a new request based on new understanding of my requirements.

Thank you

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Locked.

May you live in interesting times!