Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display only one result from an expression column?

Hi,

Good afternoon!  I am new to QV and still using the personal edition.  I have this  column (NOT BILLED) which has the expression:

if(MonthYear<>top(Min(GSRMonth)),'Not billed on activated month','0')

I need the column to display only those 'Not billed on activated month'.  I already suppressed the missing and zero values, but the result is still showing the '0' values.

Looking forward to your favorable replies.  Thanks.

QV_table_not billed.jpg

3 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Can you please share a small sample to take a look...

sunny_talwar

How about if you just do this:

If(MonthYear <> Top(Min(GSRMonth)),'Not billed on activated month')

Also are there other expressions in this object? for instance is MSF an expression also? If it is, then may be do something like this:

If(MonthYear <> Top(Min(GSRMonth)), Expression4MSFColumn)

Expression4MSFColumn is a placeholder for the actual expression.

Not applicable
Author

Sunny T,

Using the expression: if(YearMonth<>Top(Min)GSRMonth)),'not billed on activated month') still displays the 0 values.

There are other expression columns:  Sum(MSF) and Sum(TackOn)

Dimension columns:  Activation Month and Acct#

The objective is to display and summarize the accounts which were activated this month but not billed this month.

Activation Date     Activation Month      Acct#      BilledMonth     Billed?     MSF     TackOn    

1-1-2016               Jan2016               123456     Feb2016     not billed     200          20

1-2-2016               Jan2016                234567     Jan2016     billed          100          10

1-3-2016               Jan2016               345678     Feb2016     not billed     150          15

1-4-2016               Jan2016               456789     Jan2016      billed          100          10

By the way, I am using QV personal edition

Thanks in advance.