Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display Top 10 rows in pivot table?

Hello,

I have a pivot table as mentioned below:

---------------Dimension--------------------------------           ------------------------Expression--------------------------------------

Company                   Sector               Country             Revenue (Previous Year)             Revenue (Present Year)

ABC Ltd.                    Pharma             China                          1000                                            1500

Singapore                     500                                              700

Sub-Total                    1500                                             2200

XYZ Ltd.                    Chemicals          UK                              450                                               300

France                        800                                              1200

Sub-Total                    1250                                            1500

DEF Ltd.                     IT                       USA                           2500                                             3700

Canada                      1300                                             1800

Sub-Total                    3800                                             5500

Sub totals are displayed at the level of country. Company is sorted in descending order based on  Revenue (Present Year). I want to only show the Top 10 Companies based on sub totals at country level of  Revenue (Present Year).

Can you please help me out.

With regards,

Ayandeep

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try like below,

=SUM({<Country= {"=Rank(SUM({<Year={'2016'},Dept={'A'}>}Revenue),4)<=10"}>}Revenue)

feature report automation, create variable to pick latest year just create year variable use it

like,

vYear=Year(Max(Date))

vPrevYear=Year(Max(Date))

then use this variable in u r expression,

Prev. Year Revenue

=SUM({<Country= {"=Rank(SUM({<Year={$(vPrevYear)},Dept={'A'}>}Revenue),4)<=10"}>}Revenue)

Curr. Year Revenue

=SUM({<Country= {"=Rank(SUM({<Year={$(vYear)},Dept={'A'}>}Revenue),4)<=10"}>}Revenue)

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Deva

View solution in original post

7 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try like below,

Method1:

In your dimension:

=if(aggr(RANK(Sum(Revenue),4),Country, Sector,Company)<=10,aggr(RANK(Sum(Revenue),4),Country, Sector,Company))

Method2:

Using Set Expression ,

= SUM({<Country= {"=Rank(SUM(Revenue),4)<=10"}>}Revenue)

Method3:

Using Dimension Limit (only in straight table)

Dimension = Country

Expression = SUM(Revenue)

Dimension Limits

Select Show only Largest 10 Values

Hope This helps you

Thanks,

Deva

Not applicable
Author

Hi Devarasu,

Thanks for your response but it's not sufficing my requirement. Based on the data let's consider I need Top 2 Companies.

So, I want the output to be as below.

---------------Dimension--------------------------------           ------------------------Expression--------------------------------------

Company                   Sector               Country             Revenue (Previous Year)             Revenue (Present Year)

DEF Ltd.                     IT                       USA                           2500                                             3700

Canada                      1300                                             1800

Sub-Total                    3800                                             5500

ABC Ltd.                    Pharma             China                          1000                                            1500

Singapore                     500                                              700

Sub-Total                    1500                                             2200

Total                                                                                        5300                                            7700

Please let me know what needs to be done.

With regards,

Ayandeep

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

It should work, if still not working as expected share your document with mock data. tks

FYI,

Rank.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Devarasu,

I tried using set analysis expression and its working. However as mentioned in the example in my data I have records corresponding to present year and previous years and the revenue needs to be calculated only for current years data.

I tried modifying the expression as below but its not working.

= SUM({<Country= {"=Rank(SUM({<Year=2016,Dept=A>}Revenue),4)<=10"}>}Revenue)

Can you please have a look.

With regards,

Ayandeep

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try like below,

=SUM({<Country= {"=Rank(SUM({<Year={'2016'},Dept={'A'}>}Revenue),4)<=10"}>}Revenue)

feature report automation, create variable to pick latest year just create year variable use it

like,

vYear=Year(Max(Date))

vPrevYear=Year(Max(Date))

then use this variable in u r expression,

Prev. Year Revenue

=SUM({<Country= {"=Rank(SUM({<Year={$(vPrevYear)},Dept={'A'}>}Revenue),4)<=10"}>}Revenue)

Curr. Year Revenue

=SUM({<Country= {"=Rank(SUM({<Year={$(vYear)},Dept={'A'}>}Revenue),4)<=10"}>}Revenue)

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Deva

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Actually I want to show top 10 Company. I modified the code as below below.

=Sum({<[Company]={"=Rank(SUM({<[Current Year Number]={$(=Max([Current Year Number]))},[Month Number]={$(=Max([Month Number]))},[Dept]={'A'}>}[Operating Income]),4)<=10"}>}[Operating Income])

With this I am getting the Top 10 companies but the filters mentioned aren't applied and I am getting a summation of entire data for the Company.

Can you please help me out.

With regards,

Ayandeep

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

That filter selection field you need to add in group by clause (in that rank set analysis). can you share you app/mock document. thanks

Regards,
Deva