Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashis
Creator III
Creator III

How to create silent legend dynamically

Hi ,

I want to create silent legend for job types ( job type is a filter), that should be dynamic in nature. Lets say , I have date as filter and I have job type as filer (2 filters).

based on the date selection I get job types ( does not necessarily I will get all the job types, may be I will get 5 jobs out of 7)

Now I want to create silent legends for job type. Total I have 7 job types and I need to create 7 legends.

I am finding it difficult to create it dynamically so that I would show next to the list box .

I have searched in the community on how to create a silent legends but how do I create it such a way based on date selection it should

match (silent legend) with my job type.

Also , how do I confirm that after each reload my job type list box always show in the same order . If I understand correctly I need to create text boxes next to the list box.

Please advise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe instead of creating separate text boxes next to your list box you could use a straight table e.g. like this:

QlikCommunity_Thread_316062_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_316062_Pic4.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_316062_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_316062_Pic3.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe instead of creating separate text boxes next to your list box you could use a straight table e.g. like this:

QlikCommunity_Thread_316062_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_316062_Pic4.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_316062_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_316062_Pic3.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you very much Marco for you suggestion , I was looking something like this only.

ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marco,

One quick question, like in list box we can select any value and then right click and do select excluded. So that our selected values would be excluded.

If I use straight table how do I get this exclusion done ?

Thank you,