Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to add $ and the % symbols to the same chart

Hi Qlik experts,

I am new to Qlikview and have been tasked on creating a dashboard but this chart contains data that needs to be represented as %  and other with the $ sign in the Y axis of the line chart.

I know that if you have only one selection in the List Box pointing to the chart you can just go to the Number tab and select the Show in Percentage but again this would convert everything to the format you chose.

FYI, the column populating this chart has some data that is percentage and other that is dollar and some that is straight numbers but all this is in the same List Box pulling it from the same SQL column. For example the SQL column is yearlyGoals but each department row reports the data in a different format such as budget is $ but targetGoal is % as to why this makes is a little more difficult.

Your help on this matter is so much appreciated.

Dan

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use an if statement that checks when $ or % should be used and then uses one of two expressions to format the value using the num function. Something like =if( Measure='targetGoal', num(sum(MyValue), '0%'), num(sum(MyValue),'$ #,##0'))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert,

I have tried to enter the formula pattern you suggested in the Expression Definition of the chart but even though doesn't give me an error the $ or % shows up on the individual points but not on the Y axis label.

I want the symbol to show/change in the Y axis depending on the selection; and I suspect this is more  of a presentation issue.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a small qlikview document that demonstrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
gardenierbi
Creator II
Creator II

Create for de $ values an expression and a second expression for the % values. Place the $ expression on the left axis and the % expression on the right axis :

2015-10-12_1344.png

Not applicable
Author