Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you change colours of individual tabs in a Container Object?

Hi all!

Is there a way to change the colours of each tab in a Container Object?

Let's say I have two objects, each tab should be in a different colour.

Is there a way to do that?

In the Presentation tab of Container Object properties there is a colour option but that applies it to all tabs.

Thanks!

10 Replies
demoustier
Creator
Creator

Hi,

you have to go to your Tab properties (clikong on Object Tab Header) and not on the Container properties

anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Do you want to change background color of each object in container?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Demoustier,

I am trying to change colours of each individual tab, this one seems to do it for both.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anbu,

Yes I am trying to change colours of each tab.

E.g in a container object:

Tab 1 should be Green

Tab 2 should be Red

etc

Colin-Albert

I do not believe this is configurable. All tabs in a container share the same colour, active and non-active tabs in the container will be a different shade of the same colour.

You can change the caption colour of each object in the container to be different.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you need to select each tab

then under properties, caption you define the colour for active and inactive caption

Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

When I try to do this it doesn't seem to have any effect. I have set my Sheet Object Style to Air for example to allow changes but doesn't seem to work when I try your suggestion.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin,

That is correct I can change the caption of a chart within a container object to be a different colour but was looking to see if the tab for the object is possible to change. Thanks!

Colin-Albert

Setting the colour for the inactive tab on objects inside a container will have no effect as a container only shows the active object based on the tab you click on.

You can set the active tab colour for Chart 1 to be Green and the active tab colour for Chart 2 to be Red,

but this does not affect the tab colours of the container tabs.