Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I use the search object to select input in two different fields

Is there a way to use the Search Box to select the searched value in two separate fields instead of selecting it in field A, clear, select in field B?  The value my users are searching is identical in Field A and Field B but the joined data is different.

6 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe with the ctrl + click if the values you choose in the fields are compatibles

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Does not work.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

why not?

1.png

this is my very little db

1.png

Not applicable
Author

I do not believe the search field works that way - it is designed to allow you to enter a string of data and then it matches that string to the field or fields that are defined to be in the search

is it posible to make a dimension out of the combination of the fields you are looking for (if that is even logical in this case)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can CTRL+CLICK both like you show but the selection does not apply.  1 record shows Group A and Manager 1, Manager 2.  I want return all groups where the searched Manager is in Manager 1 or Manager 2.

I think I'll create a new table with Group and Manager columns, populate it with the unique group and manager combo, then search on the new field.

Not applicable
Author

that sounds like the way to go - the user can then start typing the group and manager combo names ans will then get matches