Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with Graphs

Hi,

I have a requirement to automatically filter data when double clicks on a particular item in graph.

I have two graphs created. One graph shows data for 'Group 1' and second graph for 'Group 2'. But when I make a selection in graph 1 it should automatically filter data for 'Group 1'.

In the attached document when I double click on year 2001, the data in the below table should show only 'Group 1' data. But it is showing both 'Group 1' and 'Group 2' data.

Please help me with this.

Regards,

Murali

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

ok, check out the attached application.

As i said earlier, Create 2 field for 2 Groups like Year_Group1 and Year_Group2. Use this 2 fields in your Report.

Create one Dummy field with field name 'Group' and Field info as Group1 and Group2.

Now we can use the "Field Event Trigger" to trigger an action when user select something from the field using "select in Field" action which you can find in Document Property.

Check the attached application.

Hope this helps you.

-Sridhar

View solution in original post

9 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

here you have data for both group1 and group2 in 2001 thats why in below table show for both group

please check ur data

Sunil Chauhan
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It is because you have used textbox to display the data.

So when you select 2011, you have two possible values i.e Group1 and Group2 and thus it shows both.

Now if you want to show only the data from Group1 and Group2 respectively, then you should use the straight table with the same expression which you used in bar chart. (Note a seperate Straight table for both Group1 and Group2)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kaushik for your response.

But the business requirement is to have graphs.

Because first graphs shows the data for 'Group1' and when user double clicks on 2001 bar, user wants to filter data for 2001 as well as 'Group1'. I know this is not the default QlikView functionality. But client wants this.

Is there any event that gets fired when a selection is made in graph? Or is there any other way to achieve this?

Regards,

Murali

sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Murali,

As far as i understood from this discussion, you may achieve this by creating two fields in backend for year. lets say one field for Group1 and Another field for Group 2, like below.

Year(Transaction_Date) as Year_Group1, //This field you can use in Chart1 i.e. Group 1 chart

Year(Transaction_Date) as Year_Group2, //This field you can use in Chart2 i.e. Group 2 chart

Year(Transaction_Date) as Year, // This field is for general selections in your dashboard.

Now Create your 1st chart i.e. Group1 chart with Year_Group1 dimension and Create your 2nd chart i.e. Group2chart with Year_Group2 dimension.

Create 2 pivot table, one with Group1 filter and one with Group 2 filter.

Now use GetSelectedCount() function to hide and unhide this pivot tables using Conditional Show option.

your condition should look like below to activate the 1st group pivot table is

GetSelectedCount(Year_Group1)>=1

Your condition  to activate 2nd group pivot table should be as follows

GetSelectedCount(Year_Group2)>=1

Hope i`m clear and hope this helps you.

-Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Sridhar,

Thanks for your response. Very userful one.

What user wants is.

When he click on 2001 bar in first chat, it will add 'Year = 2011' to the current selection. At the same time user want 'Group=Group1' to be added to current selection.

I hope I am now clear with my requirement. and apologies for any confusion with the description in my original post.

Regards,

Murali

sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

ok, check out the attached application.

As i said earlier, Create 2 field for 2 Groups like Year_Group1 and Year_Group2. Use this 2 fields in your Report.

Create one Dummy field with field name 'Group' and Field info as Group1 and Group2.

Now we can use the "Field Event Trigger" to trigger an action when user select something from the field using "select in Field" action which you can find in Document Property.

Check the attached application.

Hope this helps you.

-Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sridhar.

This is what I am looking for. This trigger will help me to achieve my requirement.

Thanks once again for your help.

Not applicable
Author

Sridhar,

Will this trigger work when I view the dashboard via Ajax Zero foot print client on IE8?

Regards,

Murali

sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Murali,

This trigger should work but i have not tested it my self. Please try testing it.

-Sridhar