Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help for connecting to Sage ERP X3

I needa help to extract data from Sage ERP X3,Could you help me please ?

Regards

Slim

7 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Slim,

It looks like Sage has a underlying database that could be for example Oracle so you would have to use the odbc or oledb of the database that Sage is using.

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Karl is right. With my previous company we used Sage Line 500 - and extracted from a SQL database using OLE DB and ODBC.

My suggestion would be - seeing that it seems you are still at the data connection phase - try making a connection in Excel first then use those connection settings when connecting via QlikView.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Sage X3 may be implemented over Oracle or MSSql database.

For reporting X3 use crystal reports using ODBC to connect with.

If you need more technical info about X3 you can ask me.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hello SLIMMEZ02,

To extract data from Sage ERP X3, best practice would not be to access directly the ERP database.

Instead, prefer using :

- Exports : to export massive data into CSV or XML files

- Web services : the best way to communicate live with another system (website, application, ...)

Regards,

Jalil

Not applicable
Author

Hi Slimm

I am working with X3 at the moment. Our version is based on Oracle. We use the ODBC to connect to the data.

As the database is large we extract to QVD's overnight and run the majority of the reports of these.

We do have some tactical reports that run directly of the erp database during the day.

You need the OBDC connection to already be set up on the machine that is running the QV extract report i.e.

the Accesspoint Server or on your client pc.

You will need the appropriate Oracle client software installed on this machine first.

The Microsoft Oracle ODBC client did not work for us.

Regards

Frank

Not applicable
Author

hi,

is what your need is still there

ABMhabiba
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

So i am new to sage x3 and crystal reports, i want to connect to a sage x3 database from crystal reports, you saide that best practice is to access directly the ERP database and that what i want. please, can you help me to do that i you have any idea.

Thank you in andvance.