cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting the top 10% of a list

Hi all,

I have been asked to provide a list of the top 10% of patients that have been waiting longest on our list.

But am not sure how you would do this in Qlikview.  is it a case of counting how many rows there are in the list, then perform a rank on each row and only show those in the top 10%?

I've attached a simple qvw file but haven't got anything like a solution just yet.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

John.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yikes,

no sooner did I post this than I found a solution to a similar problem - thanks John Whitherspoon.  I swear I searched this community high and low but couldn't find anything close.

Here is the solution John provided.

=SUM({$<WaitingTimeAtCensusDate ={">=$(=fractile(WaitingTimeAtCensusDate,.9))"}>} WaitingTimeAtCensusDate)

in other words, compare each waiting time to the top 10%.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yikes,

no sooner did I post this than I found a solution to a similar problem - thanks John Whitherspoon.  I swear I searched this community high and low but couldn't find anything close.

Here is the solution John provided.

=SUM({$<WaitingTimeAtCensusDate ={">=$(=fractile(WaitingTimeAtCensusDate,.9))"}>} WaitingTimeAtCensusDate)

in other words, compare each waiting time to the top 10%.

eliran
Creator III
Creator III

Hi John,

First of all, you can sort the list by using the sum function and making it descending

sum

(WaitingTimeAtCensusDate)

Another option is to make a chart, where the PersonIdentifier is the dimension and the expression is the same sum function above.

About the max 10%, it depends on what version of qlikview do you use.

In version 11 you have built in option to select top 10%.

Hope it helps,

Eliran.