Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Get multiple selected values into chart expression

Hello!

So I'm new to qlikview and not sure where to start explaining my problem, so please bear with me.

Let's say I want to make a bar chart with one dimension "Model" and the other "Cost"

Each model has a cost related to each quarter it's "on the market"

Each model has a "launch quarter" (LaunchQ) where it's introduced in the market.

So data looks something like this:

ModelLaunchQQ1Q2Q3
XQ1123
YQ2234
ZQ3345

Now I want to make a bar chart comparing the "launch cost" for each model (based on listbox selection), ie I only want the LaunchQ cost for each model I select to be shown in the chart, but I can't figure out how to write the expression.

I've been playing around with $ expansion in my expression like: sum([$(=LaunchQ)]) - and it works as long as I only select one "Model" or as long as the different models I select share the same LaunchQ, but as soon as I select Models with different LaunchQ's I get "no data to display". Any ideas?

Kind regards

Andreas

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

CAn you describe The bar chart with a graphical example?

andrewpettit
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

To begin I would load this table using the crosstable function to un-pivot the the Quarters into a single column.  It would look something like this:

Crosstable( 'Quarter', 'Cost', 2 )

LOAD

FROM ....

Not applicable
Author

Please attach your document

bill_mtc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Would be glad helping you, but is it possible to attach even sample app from yours? Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all the replies guys! Out travelling at the moment but I'll try to put together some sample data and graphical example of what I would like to achieve shortly.

/Andreas