Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Flagging rows in one table whether they match rows in another table or not

Hi all,

I have two tables that I want to compare on a single column, but the other columns are different in both tables - I want to be able to flag the rows in Table A whether there is a match or not for that same column in Table B, then display Table B with the Match column. Table A and B may have duplicate entries in the column to be matched on, so I don't think using EXISTS or NOT EXISTS will work (having looked at https://community.qlik.com/thread/111999) - I'm trying to get a chart to look like this:

chart.png

Ignore the dates, I just want to get a single date snapshot at the moment. Table A (Ops Lines) has say 25k rows, and I want to check how many of those lines match Table B (EBoM) on column X. Then I need to take all the non-matching lines and create the graph on the right, showing the breakdown of the non-matching lines. Table A contains multiple rows that are blank for column X, plus multiple rows where the value is N/A, NMA, BUY etc, but most rows have a unique value for column X

Hope you can help!

Damian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

have you tried Applymap

load mapping table with Load distinct X from table A,

then create a flag in table B if it match give X if not give 'No match' as Flag (Using ApplyMap)

Then use this column in your expression

Thanks

BKC

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

have you tried Applymap

load mapping table with Load distinct X from table A,

then create a flag in table B if it match give X if not give 'No match' as Flag (Using ApplyMap)

Then use this column in your expression

Thanks

BKC

Not applicable
Author

Hi Balkumar,

That has worked perfectly - thanks for the help!

Damian