Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering 2 dates with calendars and showing last year

Hi,

I am trying to use this solution as calendar filter Date Selections - By Period & Range and it works well, but at the same time I am displaying a table with year volumes and last year volumes and it does not appear anything for last year, while if I don't use the calendars for filtering and I just use the listboxes instead for year, month and day then it works.

My expression for last year is: sum( {$< Year={$(=Only(Year)-1)} >}  Sales )

Calendars are filtering like: >=2014-01-01<=2014-02-28

Am I missing something or it's just that calendar filters do in a way that it prevents this?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Something like that, although I think you don't need the $(variable) (do you want a variable variable??) but something like (and remove the quotes in the contents of vInvDate)

if(vInvDate='Date',

Sum({<Dated={">=$(=AddMonths(Date(vDatedStart),-12))<=$(=AddMonths(Date(vDatedEnd),-12))"}>} Value),

Sum({<Dated={">=$(=Date(vDatedStart))<=$(=Date(vDatedEnd))"}>} Value)

)

If this has answered your question, could you please mark the relevant answers correct and/or helpfull? It will help others find correct answers and contributing members know this requires no more attention.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a qlikview document that demonstrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Here is a test document.

If you filter using the two calendar objects then you only see data for actual year.

If you clear selections and filter by the year listbox then you get all.

Thank you very much

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid I don't see the document. Can you attached it again?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Now it should work.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Any solution on that?

Many thanks

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

With set analysis you extend/reduce the selected data, in your case you select dates in dated and in your set expression you use Year=. This says that it should ignore any selections in Year, but not in dated, and these are excluding each other. (Year=2013, but selection in dated=>=2014-01-01<=2014-02-28)

Should you simply want the full previous year use:

sum( {$<Dated, Year={$(=Only(Year)-1)} >}  Sales )

So ignore selections in Dated, should you want to use the same selected dates but then a year earlier use:

Sum({<Dated={">=$(=AddMonths(Date(vDatedStart),-12))<=$(=AddMonths(Date(vDatedEnd),-12))"}>} Value)

See attached

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What I try to do is to use the year and month selectors OR the start-end date calendars. Showing one or another with a button and then controlled using a variable.

So I guess I could do something like this in order to show values for the last period data beeing natural year or the period the user selects:

if(    $(variable)=1,

sum( {$< Year= {$(=Only(Year)-1)} >} Value)

sum( {$< Dated={">=$(=AddMonths(Date(vDatedStart),-12))<=$(=AddMonths(Date(vDatedEnd),-12))"} >} Value)

)

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Something like that, although I think you don't need the $(variable) (do you want a variable variable??) but something like (and remove the quotes in the contents of vInvDate)

if(vInvDate='Date',

Sum({<Dated={">=$(=AddMonths(Date(vDatedStart),-12))<=$(=AddMonths(Date(vDatedEnd),-12))"}>} Value),

Sum({<Dated={">=$(=Date(vDatedStart))<=$(=Date(vDatedEnd))"}>} Value)

)

If this has answered your question, could you please mark the relevant answers correct and/or helpfull? It will help others find correct answers and contributing members know this requires no more attention.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Piet,

That's correct I can use the vInvDate variable.

But now I'm facing another problem, that example document works perfectly but when I do it in the original document it does not work when I apply the filters from the calendar objects.

Something about the date field. In the example that field displays dates with the format DD-MM-YYYY and in my own document it displays with YYYY-MM-DD so I try to do something like this:

='>=$(=date($(vDateStart),"YYYY-MM-DD"))'

But no luck, Any idea? I see this field is recognized by QV as date as it is showing $date in the table viewer. So?

Many thanks