cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fabs(), Sum() & Total()

Dear community,

I am trying to accumulate percentages in a column for absolute values.

Total (Fabs).JPG

As you can see, the expression in the right column isn't working properly, it seems

like the TOTAL is still the Sum of the values that are not absolute.

Those are my expressions:

Sum({$< [FS Item] = {1180000}>}[Period Value GC])                (left column, values)

fabs(Sum({$< [FS Item] = {1180000}>}[Period Value GC]))       (mid column, absolute values)

Num(fabs(sum({$< [FS Item] = {1180000}>}[Period Value GC])) / fabs(sum({$< [FS Item] = {1180000}>} Total [Period Value GC])), '#,##%')                                                                                    

(right column, where I'd like to get the accumulated percentage values, it shouldn't go beyond 100%)

I think there might be problem with nested aggregation, I don't know how to fix it though.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Mats

21 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Mats,

can you give the whole example (i mean fake / example date), with dim and expression, then i find the solution for your

Beck

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

or if you use the pivot table, select your dimension and select: Show Partial Sums

I hope that helps

Beck

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Mats,

if you use the pivot table, in tab: Dimensions and Expression > Select your Dimension > and select: Show Partial Sums, and as expression use (of course you should modify it): Sum(YourFiledExpression) / Sum(TOTAL <yourDim> yourFieldExpression)

Beck

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would like to avoid the pivot table option. I can't really provide a sample either, except for the table I've shown in the picture.

I mentioned the used expressions in the original posts, the dimension is company name (which I erased in the excel file). I would like QlikView to take the total of the 2nd column (2.155.787.303,40) as the 100% in the far right column.

Does that help?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

does it help to use the column names instead of restating your expressions?

Something like

=sum([DTA Betrag]/sum(TOTAL [DTA Betrag]

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Mats,

if you dont use the pivot table, then try to use these expressions:

1. Sum([Deferred Tax Assets]

2. Sum([Deferred Tax Assets] / Sum( Total [Deferred Tax Assets]

3. Sum([Deferred Tax Assets] / Sum( Total < Company Name >[Deferred Tax Assets])

or Sum([Deferred Tax Assets] / Sum( Total  AGGR Sum([Deferred Tax Assets]), [Company Name]))

i hope that helps

Beck

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It just says error in expression, I am not sure if QlikView recognizes the fields.

Maybe I could address the columns in another way, so thanks for the tip!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Correction.  I needed a closing parenthesis.

=sum([DTA Betrag]/sum(TOTAL [DTA Betrag])

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Mats,

i create a fake-example to show you, tell me whether this example meets your expectation

Beckown example.PNG