Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expressions Background colouring

Hi can someone please help me out,

I have a table chart where I have calculated Total Sum and I want to out a background colour using an expression.

I have table B where I want to do a lookup for the expression, so the colours has to be assigned depending on the values that are on table B.

And this is the expression I am using:  IF(Name = BenchmarkName and TotalAmount < Benchmark, Red(), Green())

Please see the attached file for more clearity

Thanks in advance

Edzi

4 Replies
eliran
Creator III
Creator III

You can try using the following:

if

(sum(Benchmark)<sum(Amount) and Name=BenchmarkName,Green(),red

())

or using set analysis

if(sum({<Name={BenchmarkName}>}Benchmark)<sum(Amount),Green(),red())

dddd

So, what your'e checking is if the benchmark sum is less then the amount sum conditional name=benchmarkname

I hope it helps,

Eliran.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Eliran

Thanks for replying, First I want the expression to compare text field Name and text on field BenchmarkName then if the text is the same we assign coulour.

Regards

Edzi

eliran
Creator III
Creator III

Hey Edzi,

Sorry, I missunderstood your question earlier.

Why not changing the benchname to name?

You want to assign each name it's benchmark, that is the most logic way to do it.

Does it make sense to you?

Eliran.

Edit: I have attached an example.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Eliran

It was helpful though it was not 100% what I needed, I managed to get it working though only with a little problem, I want everything in Colour Coding Table chat to be grouped as in Total Amount Table chart.

Please see the attached file.

Kind regards

Edzi

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful