Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhuqliklondon
Creator II
Creator II

Expression to avoid filter

Hi,

I am trying to avoid selecting filter. I have working expression like below

sum({<[IO.Order Date]={">=$(=Date(today()-7,'DD/MM/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(today(),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}IO.Quantity)

I am using straight table and I have multi box with product type drop down to standard and free, I need only free products, So I am selecting product type free in filter. I am trying to avoid filter. I am using below expression for it.. is this wrong?

sum({<[Item.Product Type]={'free'},[IO.Order Date]={">=$(=Date(today()-7,'DD/MM/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(today(),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}IO.Quantity

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

In your expression, there is no wrong. Can you check one more whether free is your product type or FREE. I meant to say upper letter. Because Qlik is case sensitive you must use same name where your DB has?

What if you are not selecting any thing from multi box??

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
prma7799
Master III
Master III

Your expression looks like good

sum({<[Item.Product Type]={'free'},[IO.Order Date]={">=$(=Date(today()-7,'DD/MM/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(today(),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}IO.Quantity)

Please try to check [Item.Product Type] weather it is in upper or lower format

sunny_talwar

The expression looks good to me.... is it not working?

madhuqliklondon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, it is working now. Thank you.

sunny_talwar

What did you change?

prma7799
Master III
Master III

Please close this thread marking correct or helpful answer.

madhuqliklondon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi sunny , initially I have added this set date to only quantity column, then I have applied to every column.

Thank you all.