Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export to excel with the title of the chart

Hi,

I would want to know how the chart in the qlikview application could be exported to excel along with its caption.Currently when I export the chart to excel the data is seen but the title is not readable.So please let me know how the caption also could be exported along with the data.

5 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Anushree,

Follow this:

How to export to Excel include Title Caption?

Thanks,
AS

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Have a look at attached working copy.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The solutions provided is not helping me,so let me put up the requirements precisely  as below

1. The Name of the excel that gets exported must have the objects caption as the excel's File Name.

2. The Macros put up here need the objectid (chartID) that has to be exported to excel to be hardcoded.But then,in my case i would want the enduser to be able to export any chart that he wants to ,provided the export to excel checkbox is enabeled for him along with its caption as its filename.

Please help me acheive this

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I'm a little late to the party but if you set the Object ID of the chart to a friendly name that's what will be the name of the Excel Spreadsheet when exported along with the time/date stamp.

So instead of the default CH05 or whatever which exports to CHO5_20180405_163542.xls  Change it from CHO5 to I don't know let's say Annual Report then the exported file will be named Annual Report_20180405_163542.xls

Does that help?

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Actually it seems changing the chart name will work if using the IE plugin but not Ajax.