Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export to Excel using user profile disks

Hi All,

I have a problem exporting to excel from QV when Users logs in from User Profile Disks (Windows Server 2012R2).

When my users enters qlikview the reggular way (from there computers connecting to the company network using active directory),

every thing is O.K.

But when they try to connect from there home computer - connecting to the termial sevice using user profile disks,

when they try to get files from the QV server (for example - trying to download IE Plugin or to export to excel),

they get an error message.

(When they press export to excel on some object - I can see that the ecxel file is creatd and saved on the QV sever in the temp

folder - buy they can't download the file from the QV server into there computer)

my system guy says that maybe the QV web service doesn't support user profile disks...

did anyone anncoutered this issue?

Thanks!

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I'm far away from being an expert in these admin-stuff but if I understand it right it's a matter of configuring the user-profiles rather then a limitation of the user disc profil feature (there are some) and has nothing to do with the capabilities from qlikview. Maybe this is a starting point for you: The Microsoft Platform: Using User Profile Disks (UPD) in combination with predefining the Modern UI....

- Marcus