Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharatich
Contributor II
Contributor II

ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Service Components, ErrorMsg: Class not registered

Hi , 

I am getting below error while connecting to oracle database to load data in qlikview file. I have installed qlikview desktop ( 12.50.20000) on windows server 2019

'OleDb error

Connector connect error: IDataInitialize::GetDataSource. HRESULT = 80040154. ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Service Components, ErrorMsg: Class not registered

CONNECT32 TO xxx'

Labels (1)
7 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, you probably need to install oracle drivers to connect to database.

This document can help:https://support.qlik.com/articles/000035855

bharatich
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am using  oracle 12c and had selected selected option 'oracle provider for OLE DB' while installing oracle database. but still issue exist.

rubenmarin

I haven't configured the drivers myself but the document I linked has more steps than just install the OLEDB drivers.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

To Ruben's point, you should be looking on the Oracle Community site as well for information regarding proper installation/configuration of the Oracle Client drivers to ensure those are properly done.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
RaviKanuru
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same error with MS SQL server, please advise?

Oliveira83
Contributor II
Contributor II

Were you able to solve this problem? It's happening to me too, MS SQL. =/

Edward
Contributor
Contributor

Is this problem solved? I have installed the OLEDB driver and it still gives me this error

Error: Connector connect error: IDataInitialize::GetDataSource. HRESULT = 80040154. ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Service Components, ErrorMsg: Class not registered